Saturday 24 July 2010

Cartoons made me do it.

FernGully: The Last Rainforest (Family Fun Edition)I was thinking today about why I feel the way I do about nature. I think it's Disney's fault. From Cinderella's mice to Sleeping Beauty's tweety helpers, I developed a soft spot for creatures--especially cute little ones. FernGully: The Last Rainforest made me want to save trees; Bambi made me want to stop forest fires; The Little Mermaid made me want to sing, be a redhead and aware of the biodiversity beneath the sea's surface; and 101 Dalmations made me think animal fur, particularly puppy fur, wasn't so nice. There are themes of conservation, preservation, nature for nature's sake, eco-morality and animal rights throughout the catalog of Disney's kid films. Now, I'm meant to watch Princess Mononoke as I've been told it has an environmental message.

Cinderella (Two-Disc Special Edition)Sleeping Beauty (Two-Disc Platinum Edition)101 Dalmatians (Two-Disc Platinum Edition)Finding Nemo (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)Bambi (2-Disc Special Platinum Edition)The Little Mermaid (Two-Disc Platinum Edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment